Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Party and Sambil

So yesterday was another really good. There really hasn't been a "terrible" day on this vacation yet!

We got up about 11:00 and headed over to Sergio's dad's house to celebrate Sergio's half-brother's birthday. He was turning 6. He is the cutest kid! He rode in the car with us and was hilarious. He was rapping along with the radio and showing me all of his dance moves. So funny. He didn't speak English, but when we were eating lunch he wanted to show me some English that his teacher had taught him, so he told me all his colors in English and he said 'hello'. He was hilarious. We had some really really good spaghetti for lunch. I figured out that here in Venezuela what they call bologna is actually ground beef. Interesting.

After lunch Sergio and I headed to the mall. Sergio's dad took us, but on the way he had to drop some other people off to....in another words another latino car ride. We fit 7 people in a four person car. Talk about an experience. haha.

Anyway the mall (Sambil) was HUGE. Like the Galleria. We first went to the movie theatre to see if any of the movies were playing in English and we ended up seeing "State of Play" (with Russell Crowe, Rachael McAdams, and Ben Affleck) it was REALLY good. But here's the thing, at theaters here in Venezuela they sell two kinds of movie tickets....the regular kind (like the US) and then "premium" theatre seats. The premium are like a dollar more, but you get an assigned seat number, and the seats are these really big nice recliners with foot stools and everything. It was SOO nice. Definietly the most comfortable theatre experience I've ever had.

Then we just chilled and walked around the mall. We went into a couple stores but I couldn't find too many things I loved. I ended up getting myself two really cool shirts that say Venezuela on them somewhere. I also ended up getting Sabrina (my "niece") something too. Then we ate some KFC and it was a nice reminder of home. It was REALLY good.

I'm not sure what we're doing today. I think for the first time in like a week, we're just going to relax at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment