Monday, August 3, 2009

The Rest of the Weekend

So after I did para-gliding on Saturday, we all went over to Sergio's grandfather's house for dinner. His grandfather owns the apartment complex that he lives in so of course his grandfather has the nicest place. But oh man, I felt like I was in an episode of "MTV Latin Cribs". haha. It was sooo nice. They had a wrap around balcony that went around most of the apartment building. It was amazing.

We ate Arepas again for dinner. I really like them, but man they eat them way too much in this country, haha.

The next day (Sunday), Sergio's mom and Grandma wanted to take me to this little town about 20 min away where it's kind of like the "Bluebonnet Festival" or something. I can't really think of any other way to describe it. There were like 2 million people in a twenty foot space but it's the only place around here where I could actually buy souvenirs that say Venezuela on them. So that's why we went there.

It was so funny being there with all those people, because Sergio kept freaking out when he couldn't see me because he kept thinking I was going to get kidnapped. It was hilarious. I did find some pretty cool souvenirs though.

But man talking to Sergio when everyone else is around is almost impossible. He is like me, he likes to hear what everyone else is talking about in the car, but see I can multi-task. He can't. And when he's been talking in Spanish a while and then he tries to talk in English, sometimes his accent is so heavy I can barely understand him. It's a tad frustrating.

Today I think we're going to the mall and stuff. I'm excited to see the mall and feel a little more "American" finally, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment