Saturday, August 1, 2009

oh. dear. God.

Ok so I went to the dance/party last night and it was....a trip.

So Sergio and I got ready and left the house at abut 9:20 to go pick up this girl. We all had to wear white shirts because it was a "White" party (fitting right?) We walked outside and got into the car with this guy and girl I didn't know. About 20 minutes into the ride I realize that it's Sergio's dad and step-mom. Good job for him for never telling me that! So we pick up Tamara and head to the party, which is like 20 minutes away. We drove up to this HUGE country club, and I was reminded of Texas right away, haha. There were horses, and and it was very country-fied. So Sergio's dad dropped us all off and we headed into the "fun".

Right away I was nervous because I don't like big crowds. Period. But we went in and right away headed to where all of Tamara's friends where. Sergio knew a couple so right away he felt comfortable, and right away I felt WAY out of place. They introduced me to some people. Already I could tell that most everyone was drunk. And this drunk guy who I met spoke no English but he kept wanting to try to tell me things in English because he was going to live in Canada for a year. He was pretty wasted and pretty entertaining. Then Sergio left me to go dance, and I was freaking out but before he left me he introduced me to a guy who spoke English! YAY!

The guy is getting his degree in English, so he spoke it pretty well. But of course, he was wasted to so what he had to talk about was pretty interesting. That guy (can't remember the name) introduced me to another guy and girl who spoke English as well, so I had people to talk to a little. The other guy I met had just come back from spending a year in New York so he spoke English real well. They kept trying to get me to dance and I told them I DON'T dance. And then the guy was like "come on, it's just like having sex standing up!", and I had to hold back a laugh.

They also told me that they would have never guessed I was American. They all thought I was Venezuelan at first! COOL FOR ME!

Then Sergio came back and we just chilled in the crowd. I got feeling really claustrophobic and pretty much everyone was smoking too....and we all know I can't stand smoke. But anyway, then this girl came up and wanted to talk to Sergio and me, she was drunk too. She just kept telling me how handsome I was....hahahaha.....and she asked if i had a girlfriend, and so on and so on. But then I got really uncomfortable when I found out she was 17!!!! She looked 25!!! So then things just got weird for me, haha.

After sitting in the group for a couple hours, I had to go sit outside the building on the balcony because the smoke was just becoming too much. Two of the guys I met came out for a while to smoke some more and chatted up about New York and their University. Then Sergio came out to chill for a while because he was getting really tired too and he doesn't really like to dance or drink either.

Sergio went back inside to dance one last time, and this waiter guy came up to me on the balcony and asked me something, and I said "No habla Espanol" and he just kept talking to me! He wouldn't stop! I kept telling him "I don't understand" or "I don't know spanish" and he just kept talking. It was hilarious afterwards but i just kept begging God to send Sergio back to translate, but he didn't come! So finally the guy gave up and walked away. FRUSTRATING haha.

As we left we saw a Llama too.....i thought he was going to charge us and attack. but he didn't thank goodness!

We decided to leave the party/dance at 3am and went to get a taxi only to find out there were none. So thank God sergio had a number of a taxi driver who we called to come pick us up. Let me tell you, Taxi drivers in Venezuela = SCAREY. I saw my life flash before my eyes several times.

And that was the end of the fun.

Supposedly today we're going to the zip-line. We'll see if that acutally pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment