Monday, August 3, 2009

New Outlooks

So today was fun. I woke up late, but I have not been sleeping well so it didn't feel that refreshing. After lunch Sergio and I went to his orthodontist because he had to get spacers in. They do things so differently here. They don't make ortho appointments. Weird I know. So we just showed up at the office and sat in line until it was his turn. The waiting room was about 10ft by 2ft, no lie. It was SOO small. We acutally waited outside. And her office wasn't much bigger.

After we got done there we went to tell Tamara goodbye because she was going on vacation for the next week so I wouldn't get to see her again to say goodbye. I was sad because she was my only other English speaking friend, haha, but glad at the same time because now she could text Sergio a little less (they were texting 24/7)!

Then Sergio and I walked around San Cristobal. We checked out this little mall, which was really dumb. Then we had to go find 5 different ATM machines until we found one that would actually take Sergio's debit card. Then we went to this video game store where they burn copies of the wii games you want and sell them for like $1.50 each. I was jealous. You have to unlock your wii to make them work though and I don't want to unlock mine. Plus it's illegal. I like legal stuff.

Sergio's dad then picked us up to take his back to Sergio's place. I got a real Latino experience, haha, because we fit a ton of people into this tiny little car. Priceless.

Sergio's GF was leaving today too to go to France for 2 months so we went to the bus station to tell her goodbye (she was taking a bus to another city to get on a plane). When we got there her best friend was there too. Mariane. She spoke a little English and we talked. I was in love. haha. She was funny. And she told me she was going to come back to Texas with me and that we would have to think of some kind of story to tell my parents about how we were getting married so fast. If only. Oh well.

Tomorrow Sergio and I are going to the huge mall in town. We may go see a movie too, but we have to find out if it's in spanish or just with spanish subtitles. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

  1. You don't need a crazy story...Just tell everyone you're getting married...be there or be square.

    Look forward to hearing all your stories when you get back. They are fun to read, but they are missing that Todd dramatic enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete