Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Peeps

So I got to meet a friend of Sergio's last night. AND she spoke English. Quite well I might add. All 3 of us went to McDonald's for dinner. Let me just let you know that McDonalds in Venezuela is NOT near as good as McDonalds in the US. And Sergio agrees with me.

But it was great getting to sit and talk with someone who spoke english almost as good as Sergio! Her graduation party is the one that we're going to on Friday. The party that I'm freaking out about because I do NOT dance. I have only danced one time in public, and that was because French was singing and she had me do "ballet" haha, that was quite a sight.

But Tamara (the chick who speaks some English) told me that I didn't have to dance at her party if I didn't want to! haha, so that definitely makes me feel a little better. I already told Sergio I am only going to support him and that I will just sit and chill at a table the whole night becuase it's not like anyone else is going to speak English to me.

Sergio's mom told me that I need to learn more spanish. I told her that I am not good at learning other languages!! She had a foreign exchange student here a couple months ago and I think she thinks that I am going to want to learn spanish as fast as he did. Oh well.

The food here is pretty good, but they have very bland taste buds. Our flavors and spices in the US are MUCH stronger than here. And they don't add much salt to anything! haha. Plus their butter and their milk taste very different than what I am used to. I add a lot of butter to bread and stuff and when I first did that here I thought I was going to throw up! hahahahaha.

They also drink a lot of "homemade" drinks. Like fresh squeezed or mixed drinks. We've had these madarin drinks and today we had this strawberry type smoothie thingy. I keep asking for a glass of water also because I love my water! haha.

Sergio's math final is Friday and he is spending a lot of time studying for it becuase he has to make a really good grade to end up passing the class. So I've been making my way through the Lord of the Rings movies again. I finished the first one yesterday and the second one today. I had forgotten how good and moving those movies are. I LOVE them!

No comments:

Post a Comment