Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Scary Moments

So the rest of yesterday evening was...interesting, haha.

Sergio had to drive his mom and me to his grandmother's house to give her something. I was scared that he was going to be a crazy driver like everyone else in this country, but it wasn't bad at all! That is until we started going down this really steep hill and his mom was telling him to slow down, and he didn't because he thought he was going slow enough, and then the road flattened out and he hit it REALLY hard. I thought for sure we were going to die! haha. But his mom held it together really well and got onto him and then just gave him the silent treatment. When we got back to the apartment she checked it out and saw that everything seemed to be ok so she was less mad at him, but for a minute there I was scared for his life!

His mom also made Arepas last night and they were SOOOOO good. Sergio and I had ham and cheese arepas. We're going to have them again tonight for dinner. His mom said that Venezuelan people eat arepas like once a day everyday.

Sergio's girlfriend didn't end up coming over last night because of the whole car issue and he was scared that his mom would be mad if he still invited her over after that happened. So I think I'll get to meet her tomorrow.

The maid is here again today. She made me breakfast this morning. It's so weird to have her set the table all up and then clean it off for me. I don't think I like that. I prefer to do all that myself. I dunno, I know it's her job but I feel like I'm taking advantage of her!

Yesterday I found out that everytime you leave a parking lot someone has to check your trunk to make sure you didn't steal anything. You also have to give them a parking ticket that matches your car and your name so that they can prove you didn't steal the car. CRAZY!

Well we leave for the beach tomorrow morning. I'm freaking out. As my friends will tell you I'm terrified of deep water, especially the ocean! Jaws anyone? Sergio claims there are no sharks on this beach but I don't believe him. From the pictures, the beach is AMAZING, but he told me last night that we're going to ride this banana thing in the water and we have to ride it in the deep water, so now I'm stressing out. It's bad enough that no one there will be able to speak English except for Sergio! hahhahaha. His English has already gotten much better since I got here. He and I are making a list of slang words that I use that he doesn't know so he can remember them, haha. We've only gotten two so far, "flinch" and "aquaintance".

so yeah, I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again because we leave for the beach in the morning and we won't be back until Sunday night, and there is no internet. So yeah! Hopefully by then I'll have pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment